Platinum selling singer-songwriter Chase Rice released his long-awaited album The Album on Friday, May 28. This full-length LP includes songs from the two EP’s he released in 2020 (The Album: Part 1 and The Album: Part ll.) Four new songs are also added for fans to enjoy just in time for summer.
Rice is listed as a co-writer for nearly every song featured on The Album. That shouldn’t come as a surprise given he’s written hits for other country artists like Florida Georgia Line. The powerhouse duo and Rice were even roommates in the early days of their careers. Rice notably went on to write “Cruise” which became one of the best-selling country songs of all time. He was able to land his first #1 single as an artist with “Eyes On You” back in 2019.
The first half of this album contains tracks from The Album: Part 1. That includes the top 10 hit “Lonely If You Are.” From the stripped down “Messy” to the electric “American Nights,” Rice shows off the versatility in his sound. “Forever To Go” is the heartfelt track talking about young love going the distance. Billboard hailed it as “melding a number of styles, while always staying firmly in country.”
The next half of the project comes from The Album: Part ll. Sonically, inspiration can be drawn from rock, pop, and hip-hop to create a fresh package fit for country radio. Rice writes about the ups and downs of navigating relationships with “You” and “Break. Up. Drunk.” The uplifting track “Belong” was featured in direct response to the difficulties faced by many last year.
Rice added four new songs for this album, including current single “Drinkin’ Beer. Talkin’ God. Amen” feat. Florida-Georgia Line. Comparisons can be made between Sam Hunt and Rice as Rice incorporates speaking into parts of his songs. An example of that can be found on the new song “The Nights.” A sultry track titled “Bedroom” gives the album even more flare. “If I Didn’t Have You” is a reflective song about our loved one’s pushing us to be the best we can be.
“If I didn’t have you I’d be singing the same old truck songs in the same old smoky old dives.”
Produced by Chris DeStefano and Rice, The Album brings past songs from recent bodies of work and some new ones for a complete story. Even though he’s gotten to be an established artist, Rice sees this project as his true launching pad. “Music that says what I want to say and how I want to say it,” says Rice.
The Album Track List
- American Nights (Kevin Griffin, Martin Johnson, Francois Tetaz; produced by Martin Johnson)
- Lonely If You Are (Chase Rice, Lindsay Rimes, Hunter Phelps)
- Everywhere (Chase Rice, Zachary Kale, James McNair; produced by Zachary Kale)
- Best Night Ever (Chase Rice, Chris DeStefano, Matt Jenkins)
- Messy (Seth Ennis, Kylie Sackley)
- In The Car (Chase Rice, Jesse Rice, Hunter Phelps, Mark Holman)
- Forever To Go (Jordan Minton, Casey Brown, Geoffrey Warburton; produced by Casey Brown)
- You (Chase Rice, Jon Nite, Zach Kale)
- Break. Up. Drunk. (Chase Rice, Hunter Phelps, Jordan Schmidt)
- Down Home Runs Deep (Daniel Ross, Michael Hardy, Mike Walker, James McNair)
- Belong (Chase Rice, Chris DeStefano, Jon Nite)
- The Nights (Chase Rice, Zach Kale, James McNair; produced by Zach Kale)
- Bedroom (Chase Rice, Jon Nite, Jimmy Robbins; produced by Corey Crowder)
- If I Didn’t Have You (Chase Rice, Channing Wilson, Jonathan Singleton; produced by Jimmy Robbins & Jonathan Singleton)
- Drinkin’ Beer. Talkin’ God. Amen. featuring Florida Georgia Line (Chase Rice, Hunter Phelps, Cale Dodds, Corey Crowder; produced by Chase Rice, Florida Georgia Line & Corey Crowder)
To hear more of country music’s best new releases, head to our Playlists Page, and follow The Nash New Releases playlist on Spotify. For the latest in country music news follow The Nash News on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and TikTok.