On her Emmy Award-winning talk show The Kelly Clarkson Show, Kelly Clarkson shows off her powerful vocals and incredible stylistic range during the segment “Kellyoke.” We have compiled a list of 10 country songs that Kelly Clarkson has covered on her show.
1. “She’s Country,” originally by Jason Aldean
Clarkson’s rendition of this song keeps the same energy as the original with her own twist on the vocals.
2. “Tennessee Whiskey” originally by Chris Stapleton
Her voice when she sings “smooth as Tennessee whiskey” is truly smoother than the beverage itself.
3. “9 to 5” originally by Dolly Parton
Clarkson includes a visual emulating scenes from the film, 9 to 5, which adds a nice touch of humor to assist this cover.
4. “She’s Got You” originally by Patsy Cline
One of the slower songs of this list, Clarkson gives us a heartfelt rendition of this classic tune from 1962.
5. “Why Haven’t I Heard From You” originally by Reba McEntire
The grit in Clarkson’s voice during the vocal runs makes this a fiery performance.
6. “Walkway Joe” originally by Trisha Yearwood
Clarkson’s genuine approach makes this out to be a very compelling cover.
7. “Any Man of Mine” originally by Shania Twain
Just like the original, Clarkson’s key change at the end adds a sense of boldness to the sassy country classic from the ’90s.
8. “Before He Cheats” originally by Carrie Underwood
The captivating strength in Clarkson’s notable voice is perfect for covering this Carrie Underwood staple.
9. “I Hope You Dance” originally by Lee Ann Womack
In Clarkson’s version, the sparse instrumentation intensifies the sincerity behind her vocal performance.
10. “She’s Got the Rhythm” originally by Alan Jackson
The way Clarkson holds out the last note singing the word “blues” brings out the honkytonk feel in her rendition.
To hear more of country music’s best new releases, head to our Playlists Page and follow The Nash New Releases playlist on Spotify. For the latest in country music news follow The Nash News on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and TikTok, and don’t miss our brand new newsletter!