The multi-Platinum and multi-talented Carrie Underwood is one of the undisputed superstars of country music. GRAMMYs, a clothing line, sold-out shows, and a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame are only some of the accomplishments from the proud Okie. While Underwood has several well-known anthems, we are highlighting five of her lesser-known songs.
1. “Someday When I Stop Loving You” – From the Play On album, this track is a vulnerable realization that moving on is one of the hardest things to do.
“I’ll move on baby, just like you, when the desert floods and the grass turns blue.”
2. “End Up With You” – This up-tempo song showcases the versatility of Underwood’s style. A country-pop song perfect for singing along to.
“Don’t leave it up to me, I’ll leave it up to you. ‘Cause I just want one thing when this night is through, yeah.”
3. “What I Never Knew I Always Wanted” – One of the most personal songs in the Underwood catalog, the superstar sings about never wanting to get married or have kids until she met the person she could see herself doing all of that with.
“I didn’t know there was a hole, something missing in my soul, ‘till you filled it up with your love.”
4. “Starts With Goodbye” – An underrated track from her debut album, this song allows Underwood’s voice to power through the heartfelt lyrics.
“It’s sad but sometimes moving on with the rest of your life, starts with goodbye.”
5. “Relapse” – This song is from the 2015 album Storyteller. The country-rock style mixed with fiery lyrics about admitting she went back to someone she wasn’t supposed to, makes this track stand out.
“I ain’t hung up on you, I ain’t in love with you, this is just time that I’m wasting.”
To hear more of country music’s best new releases, head to our Playlists Page and follow The Nash New Releases playlist on Spotify. For the latest in country music news follow The Nash News on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and TikTok, and don’t miss our brand new newsletter!