Shueyville, Iowa homecoming queen Hailey Whitters is allocating another musical assemblage to her Midwestern heritage. RAISED, produced by the country songstress herself and veteran producer Jake Gear who also produced The Dream and deluxe Living The Dream, is slated for a March 18th release via Pigasus Records/Songs & Daughters/Big Loud Records. Single “Everything She Ain’t,” co-written with Bryan Simpson and Ryan Tyndell, is the record’s first introduction.
“Everything She Ain’t” commences with an airy guitar and fiddle blend as Whitters’ vocals sun kiss her emblematical lyricism. The singer-songwriter confesses that her ex-beau’s newest lady is complimentary but a shy dose of jealousy lingers in the air. She sings, “She ain’t a peach you oughta be pickin’ / She ain’t the cup of tea you oughta be sippin’ / She treats you like you’re broke like you need fixin’ / You ain’t gettin’ nothin’ back for all that you’re givin.’”
The from-the-heart soundscape blossoms with periodical claps. The string concoction picks up energy as the neotraditional country songwriter offers that she ain’t her.
“But believe me honey good as money in the bank / I’m everything she is and everything she ain’t.”
Whitters says in a press release about the making of the song, “Ryan had this cool bouncy guitar and I shot out the line, ‘I’m everything she is, and everything she ain’t.’ We started spitting out verses and finished it within an hour or so. I love the girl-next-door nature of it and its quirky language. To me, this song is about being the most authentic version of yourself despite what may or may not be popular at the moment. Whether or not you have a Hollywood smile, this song is about owning what you bring to the table and being confident in your skin.”
Alongside the track’s instrumental component came the music video. Whitters states, “The music video was directed by Harper Smith and was inspired by my old high school ‘Cow Pie High.’ The city kids called it that because it was the school that all of the country farm kids went to. I actually was the homecoming queen my senior year so Harper and I thought it would be fun to muse on that for this video.”
A glimpse of “Everything She Ain’t” made its round on Whitters’ Instagram back in December. This single marks the first release from RAISED. The album encompasses seventeen songs produced by the songstress herself as well as Jake Gear and hosts the songwriting talents from Nicolle Galyon, Hillary Lindsey, Lori McKenna, Jimmy Robbins, Brandy Clark, and more. Track “Middle Of America” features one of Whitters’ favorite bands, American Aquarium.
RAISED Track List:
1) Ad Astra Per Alas Porci (Jordan Lehning, Pedro Palomino)
2) Raised (Hailey Whitters, Nicolle Galyon, Forest Glen Whitehead)
3) Everything She Ain’t (Hailey Whitters, Bryan Simpson, Ryan Tyndell)
4) Big Family (Hailey Whitters, Cameron Bedell, Nicolle Galyon)
5) Middle Of America (feat. American Aquarium) (Hailey Whitters, Bobby Pinson)
6) Plain Jane (Hailey Whitters, Hillary Lindsey, Cary Barlowe)
7) College Town (Hailey Whitters, Nicolle Galyon, Jimmy Robbins)
8) Interlude (Hailey Whitters, Pedro Palomino)
9) Boys Back Home (Hailey Whitters, Brandy Clark, Jessie Jo Dillon)
10) Everybody Oughta (Matt Roy, Craig Wiseman)
11) Pretty Boy (Hailey Whitters, Scooter Carusoe, Tom Douglas)
12) The Neon (Hailey Whitters, Rodney Clawson, Lori McKenna)
13) The Grassman (Hailey Whitters, Aaron Raitiere)
14) Our Grass Is Legal (Hailey Whitters)
15) Beer Tastes Better (Hailey Whitters, Lori McKenna)
16) In A Field Somewhere (Hailey Whitters, Jeff Hyde, Bryan Simpson)
17) Ad Astra Per Alas Porci (Reprise) (Jordan Lehning, Pedro Palomino)
To hear more of country music’s best new releases, head to our Playlists Page and follow The Nash New Releases playlist on Spotify. For the latest in country music news follow The Nash News on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and TikTok, and don’t miss our brand new newsletter!